About Your Supervisor
You may already know me, but just in case you don’t know my background, I’d like to share a glimpse of myself with you.
I am pleased to represent the Coles Magisterial District on the Prince William Board of County Supervisors (BOCS). The BOCS is made up of eight members, seven representing magisterial districts and one chairman representing the county at-large. The BOCS is the elected body that governs all County policy decisions with the notable exception of the schools, which fall under an independently elected School Board. The BOCS analyzes and votes on issues ranging from land use applications to the County budget and real estate tax rate.
I was first elected to represent the Coles District in November of 2003, and was re-elected in 2007 and again in 2011. I was chosen by my colleagues on the Board to serve as the Vice Chairman for calendar year 2007 and again in 2012. Prior to my election as Supervisor, I served as an elected member of the Prince William Soil and Water Conservation District from 2002-2003.
During my time in office, I have focused on several issues that are near and dear to my heart including transportation, natural resource conservation, child welfare, public safety and administration of government. I also serve on a number of boards and committees that work at the local, regional and state level, including:
- Northern Virginia Transportation Authority (NVTA): Member (2005-Present), Vice Chair (2006-2008), Chairman (2009-Present)
- Potomac and Rappahannock Transportation Commission (PRTC): Member (2004-Present)
- Virginia Railway Express (VRE): Alternate (2007-2014), Member (2014-Present)
- Virginia Association of Counties (VACo) Transportation Policy Steering Committee (2015-Present)
- Prince William Parkway District Commission: Member (2004-Present)
- Route 234 Bypass District Commission: Member (2004-Present)
- Prince William Citizens Road Bond Committee: Member (2002)
Child Welfare Advocacy:
- State Executive Council for Comprehensive Services for At-Risk Youth: Parent Representative (2010-2014)
- Virginia Adopts Campaign for 1,000 Kids – Statewide Steering Committee (2013)
- Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments (MWCOG) Human Services Policy Committee: Member (2005-2009, 2012-Present)
- Virginia Association of Counties (VACO) Human Services Steering Committee: Member (2013-Present) Chairman (2014)
- Greater Prince William County Boys and Girls Clubs: Board of Directors (2003-2012) Board of Trustees (2013-Present)
- Prince William Youth Services Board: At-Large Member (2000-2002) Chair (2001) Vice Chair (2002)
- Prince William County Coalition for Human Services: Member (2011-Present)
Natural Resource Conservation:
- Prince William Soil and Water Conservation District: Elected Director (2002-2003)
- Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments (MWCOG) Chesapeake Bay Policy Committee: Member (2004-Present) Chair (2007-2008)
- Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments (MWCOG) Climate Energy and Environmental Protection Committee: Member (2009-2011)
- Potomac Watershed Roundtable: Member (2002-Present) Vice Chair (2003-Present)
- Potomac Council: Member (2002-2003) Chair (2003)
- Virginia Association of Soil and Water Conservation Districts: Member (2002-2003) Watershed Connections Outstanding Director Award (2003)
- National Conservation Leaders Network: Member (2005-2012)
- Virginia Association of Counties (VACO) Environment and Agriculture Steering Committee: Member (2004-2012)
Public Safety and Administration of Government:
- Northern Virginia Regional Commission (NVRC): Member (2004-Present) Treasurer (2007-2008) Operations Committee Chair (2007-2008) Vice Chair (2008-2011) Chairman (2011-2013)
- Greater Washington 2050 Coalition: Member (2008-2010)
- Virginia Association of Planning District Commissions (VAPDC): Member (2007-Present) Vice President (2009-2010); President (2010-2012)
- Prince William County Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC): BOCS Representative (2004-Present)
- Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments (MWCOG) Budget Committee: Member (2007-2008)
Personal and Professional:
- Prince William Chamber of Commerce (PWCC): Member (2001-Present) Board of Directors (2007-2010; 2012-Present)
- Coached High School and Collegiate Speech and Debate teams: Woodbridge Senior High School (1992-1997) Walt Whitman High School (1997-2000) George Mason University (1992-1993, 1998-1999)
- Knights of Columbus John Paul I Council: Member (2003-Present)
- Dale City Civic Association: Member (2008-Present)
- Manassas Optimist Club: Member (2001-Present)
Supervisor Nohe is the president of Appliance Connection, a Woodbridge-based, family-owned retail appliance store. He has a bachelor’s degree in economics from George Mason University and is a graduate of the University of Virginia’s Sorensen Institute for Political Leadership.
A Prince William County native, Supervisor Nohe and his wife, Kristina, live in Woodbridge with their four children Rachel, Nicholas, Jack and Theodore, and their dogs – a Pug, Yoda, and a Chesador, Max. The Nohes actively volunteer for and support a number of organizations that further the cause of child safety and welfare. They are recipients of the 2006 Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute Angels in Adoption Award for their advocacy on behalf of children in foster care and efforts to encourage domestic adoption, and were recently named Northern Virginia Co-Chairs of Governor McDonnell’s VirginiaAdopts Initiative.
The Nohes belong to Sacred Heart Catholic Church in the mid-county area.